Super Simple Pesto Pasta with Poached Egg
Author: Christopher Pham
PREP TIME: 10 MIN | COOK TIME: 20 MIN | TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN | SERVINGS: 2-3
- ½ (16 ounce) box dry vegetable spaghetti
- ¼ cup butter, or to taste
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- ¼ cup pesto
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Micro Pharms Fried Chili Oil
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a rolling boil; cook the spaghetti at a boil until cooked through yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes; drain. Transfer the spaghetti to a bowl.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook the garlic and pesto in the melted butter until warmed, 2 to 3 minutes; pour over the spaghetti and toss to coat.
- Bring a pot of water to a gentle boil, then salt the water. Meanwhile, crack an egg (or two!) into a small cup.
- With a spoon, begin stirring the boiling water in a large, circular motion.
- When the water is swirling like a tornado, add the eggs. The swirling water will help the egg white wrap around itself as it cooks.
- Cook for about 2 ½ to 3 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the egg (or eggs) to your pesto pasta.
- Top it off with Micro Pharms Fried Chili Oil.
More from: Micro Pharms Vietnamese
Leave a comment