Author: Christopher Pham
PREP TIME: 30 MIN | COOK TIME: 5 MIN | TOTAL TIME: 35 MIN | SERVINGS: 4
- 1 package of Micro Pharms Saigon Pancake Mix
- 3 cups water
- 1 lb shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1/4 cup onions
- 2 cup of bean sprouts
- 2 tbsp oil or cooking spray
- 1 tbsp Micro Pharms Chili Oil
- Combine all ingredients for the batter. Whisk until smooth and set aside. The batter needs to rest for at least 30 minutes so that the rice flour is hydrated.
- While the batter is resting, prepare the other ingredients.
- Preheat a large nonstick pan over medium high heat.
- Add a tablespoon of oil. Add the sliced onion and shrimp. Cook until the onions have begun to soften and the shrimp is halfway cooked. Flip the shrimp over.
- Move the ingredients around in the pan so there is a space in the middle. This is where you will fold it at the end.
- Make sure your heat is still high because when you add the batter the pan will cool down. Add 2-4oz of batter to the pan. If your heat is correct and there is enough oil you should hear the namesake sizzling sound.
- Cook for one minute uncovered, while tilting the pan in different directors to distribute the batter evenly. Cover the pan with a lid, or another pan, or a large plate. Cook covered over medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the lid and cook for one more minute, add in the bean sprouts.
- With a rubber spatula, flip one half over and remove from the pan.
- Drizzle in Micro Pharms Chili Oil and garnish.
- Eat this by making little "tacos" with the lettuce and herbs. Some people like to enjoy the rolled in rice paper wrappers as well. ENJOY!